Friday, December 30, 2011

Funding for Radiation Treatment

It's been 6 months since I had surgery to remove my thyroid, and the massive tumor that had formed. Soon after, I discussed the next steps with my doctor. He determined that, under close watch, it should be safe to hold off radiation treatments for a few months so I could nurse Emmylou. I hated that I wouldn't be able to nurse her as long as I wanted to, but have tried to be thankful that I was able to at all. Time passed, and it started to feel like the end to nursing wasn't really going to come, like maybe I didn't need any further treatment. Then, two weeks ago I got approved for the funding I needed to afford the treatments. It has all surfaced again, and I am just not ready. I had no idea I would enjoy that time with my daughter so much. More importantly, Emmylou is not ready. Nursing soothes her when nothing else does. Weaning her at this point just seems like a bad idea- we are not ready, and no one likes to be forced to do something.

Anxiously,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment