Friday, March 4, 2011

this year, my birthday fell on a tuesday. we held off celebrating until wednesday and friday. my brother, his lady, alan and i went to a lucero/robert ellis and the boys show on wednesday the 23rd, and my parents took alan and me out to dinner and then to see the final radio music theater show on friday the 25th. they also gave me a panasonic hdc-sdx1 video camera. i'm in love with it! as a child, i was embarrassed by mom constantly having the camera in everyone's face, blinding us with the flash. or dad having the giant, vhs-compatible video camera perched on his shoulder at our birthday parties. i swore i would never embarrass my children in such a way. and here i am, in love with this video camera, imagining all of the moments i will be able to capture.. but why wait til emmy is here? i've already started taping things.. you know, to get used to the camera..
i took some video of alan tattooing a friend the other day, but at least i tried to be a little sneaky about it so the guys at the shop wouldn't tease him. and i'll have to get some video on move-in day at our new apartment. maybe someday emmy will actually enjoy all of this, i love stumbling upon photos and videos from my parent's lives before my brother and i were around, or were too young to remember. seeing their little quirks that haven't changed, or moments where i see a lot of me in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment