Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's May!

this could be the month that my little lou arrives. i'm so nervous about going into labor.. when is it going to happen? where will i be? will alan be with me, or 30 miles away at work? will it be in the middle of the night, or in the afternoon? having no control over this is truly inconvenient!
i am absolutely ready for her to be here, and not at all ready. i can't wait to snuggle her for the first time. and for the swelling in my feet to go away, to be able to see the stairs in front of me, and mostly to be able to get out of bed or the bath without any help. at the same time, i know these are the final weeks of a particular chapter in me and alan's life. we will no longer be our main concern, and we never will be again. how quickly life can change. in june i was lauren (that girl on a motorcycle). on the 9th of august, i married alan and we became lauren (that girl on a motorcycle) and alan (that guy on the back). in september, we found out we were expecting, and became lauren (no, not humpty dumpty) and alan (poor guy). in the next few weeks, we will become lauren (mom) and alan (dad) and emmylou (apple of our eye).
i'm laying in bed typing this. alan is sound asleep next to me, and my fingers hitting the keys is the only noise in the house. i suppose i should enjoy these nights where i'm awake at almost 2 am "just because". i should also enjoy those odd little movements in my belly.. i think i'll miss them when they're gone.

love,
l

No comments:

Post a Comment