Sunday, August 7, 2011

Natalie's Party, and 3 Month Update

Here I am, still in awe that Emmylou is finally here, when I realize she's almost 3 months old. She is growing by leaps and bounds. Today-- well, yesterday now, LeLe and I went to Babies R Us to look at a jumper, and Emmy started getting a bit fussy. I was carrying her, and she started reaching for LeLe to hold her. She's never reached for someone to hold her before! LeLe took her, and we went to change her diaper.. I picked her up afterwards, and she reached for LeLe again. So no, it wasn't a fluke the first time.. she figured out how to express what she wanted.

Also, she's really figuring out how to make rattles work. She hits the lion rattle that's attached to her car seat to make it jingle, and she's been playing with the attachments on her new jumper, and on her play mat. So proud of my little munchkin.

Love,
L


Emmylou attended her first party (well, other than her Sip 'n See)! A friend from middle school invited us to her 23rd birthday party on Friday night. It had been years since I last saw her- come to think of it, middle school may have been the last time I saw her.
Anyway, we had to dress up as something that starts with the letter "N", for Natalie's birthday. What a clever theme!

I dressed up as Night, scrambling for a last-minute costume. It wasn't until we arrived at the party that I realized I could have worn whatever I had on earlier and just been a "New mommy".. but I love dressing up.


(photo to come)

tights by Betsey Johnson, dress from American Apparel, earrings from Eden- a Houston boutique that is now closed :(, and vintage Gucci shoes

Emmy dressed up as a Newborn wearing a Nautical Navy little Number. Pretty good, huh? The birthday girl fell in love with her, and held her until we left the party. They looked so cute together!


Emmylou's romper is Janie and Jack, an excellent Good Will find. The top over it is also Janie and Jack, found at Kid to Kid, a children's resale store. The adorable socks are Trumpettes, given to her from Aunt Nedra and Adrian.

No comments:

Post a Comment