Tuesday, August 9, 2011

1 Year Anniversary

A year ago today I married a man I hardly knew. It tops my list of "crazy things I've done". 08/09/10 seemed like a day to do something special. Alan and I were hanging out, as we'd done every day since we met. We decided to go to the Galleria, but that turned out to be a terrible idea because of traffic, so we ended up at Schlotzsky's for pizza. We weren't sure what to do afterwards, but had agreed that 08/09/10 was a neat day, and something neat must take place. I suggested going swimming, he suggested getting married. I cooly agreed to his suggestion, and it turned into a bit of a game of chicken, which apparently neither of us was going to lose. Off to the courthouse we went, and an hour later we were married. A bit daring and crazy, a touch of romantic, and entirely a leap of faith.

Here's to forever,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment