Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Nap Time Sunday

I have found it so difficult to photograph life. I frequently pause and wish I had the camera or was video taping, but doing so would ruin the moment I want to capture. Sunday I had one of those. You woke up from a nap in Leela's bed, definitely before it was time to wake up. We both laid down with you and sang and played a little. Leela left a few minutes later, and you turned on your side, facing me. You lightly held on to a piece of my hair, and fell asleep. It was such a sweet moment that I know I will hold on to forever. If only there were photos to show it, I know I can't do it justice with words. I hope that I few months from now, a few years from now, I can remember it as vividly as I do today. The sweet smell of Leela's room- totally separate from the rest of the house. The way you went from playful to sleeping in one minute. The way your lips pout when you're asleep, and your slight snoring. And especially the way you reached out for a lock of my hair just before you fell asleep- over one finger, under the middle one, and over another.

No comments:

Post a Comment