Saturday, March 17, 2012

Radiation Update

For the past few months, I have been really uncertain about what's happening with my radiation treatments. The doctor I am going to is one of the best in the country, but impossible to get a hold of. His assistant is awful; she never returns phone calls, nor does she have any recollection of what is going on with me. You would think that after a year, she would have some idea of who I am. So, I finally went to his office to try to talk to him, and get some blood work done while I was there. His assistant was totally incapable of even trying to get him to see me, but at least she did have him call me while I was there. Early in February, his assistant had told me that it appeared that the radiation was not necessary, and to just come back for more blood work in March to make sure my thyroid levels were good. After speaking with the doctor on Monday, he said that I absolutely still needed the treatments, and should start within the next 4-6 weeks. It's going to have to wait until May, when school gets out. At least I will be able to nurse Emmylou for a little while longer. Maybe we'll feel more ready by then. The family is relieved that the confusion has cleared up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment