Friday, July 20, 2012

Belated Birthday Photos

We had a little backyard picnic/pool party for Emmylou's first birthday. Mimosas, juice, Izze sodas, and beer. Veggie wraps, chicken salad sandwiches, ham and cheddar, and peanut butter and jelly wraps. Sesame sticks, goldfish, happy panda, and a few other snacks that are currently escaping my memory. Mostly, I invited friends with kids, but some kidless friends came too. I don't think it was quite as much fun for them, since the kids were the center of attention. I'm not sure if I should have invited more kidless friends, so there were more people to socialize with, or just invited friends with kids. Or maybe it was fine just like it was. I suppose we shall see what next year brings. I don't want anyone to feel left out, but would anyone really feel that way? I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't want to buy yet another gift, spend a whole day off at a party they aren't really having fun at, etc. Maybe an open invite is the way to go. And of course, I don't ever want someone to feel obligated to get Emmylou a gift. Their presence is more than enough, this kiddo isn't hurting for anything! Anyway, on to the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment