Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Growing Healthy

I love thinking about food. Ingredients I've never tried excite me, as does exploring the cuisines of other cultures. Eating a healthy diet has become especially important since I've become a mother and wife. Still, it is difficult to stay on track and be healthy as consistently as I want to. I am pleased to say we don't eat fast food more than once every few months. We eat more meat and dairy than I want us to, and we don't exercise anywhere near enough. These are changes I am hoping to make by the end of the year.

I started by purchasing mason jars, and am making easy salads to go for Alan and myself. Central Market's bulk foods area has been enormously helpful- they carry raw nut and grain mixes that make great salad toppings, and granola's that use natural alternatives to sugar (palm sugar, agave nectar, etc) that are delicious with yogurt and fresh fruit. Alan is more picky than I am, but surprisingly willing to try new things. He was raised on Hamburger Helper, so he's really come a long way. 

Emmylou's health is the most important thing in our life. We need to make changes in our lifestyle to ensure that she never has to make such a change in hers. This is our time to become healthy, and hers to grow healthy.

Love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment