Monday, June 13, 2011

Two Posts

I haven't had any time to write lately, unfortunately. There is so much to write about, but no time to do it. We haven't been getting much sleep and the days are really running together. During the first days home from the hospital, I couldn't tell day from night. I would wake up thinking I had left the light on in Emmylou's room, only to realize it was the sun shining through her curtains. Aside from that, I don't remember much of what we did that first week. I'm still getting used to breastfeeding. The first week and a half was rough! Emmylou may have ended up on formula if I hadn't read "Breastfeeding Made Simple: 7 Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers" by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett.

June 21st

My last day at Freebirds was May 26th, the day before Emmylou was born. On Tuesday the 24th, I told my manager not to put me on the schedule for the next week. I had a feeling that Emmy wasn't going to wait for her original June 1st due date to arrive. I guess it was mother's intuition or something! Anywho, I had planned on returning to Freebirds after I had the baby and continuing working until I had my thyroid surgery, and then looking for a new (and improved) job. It wasn't until the 26th that my manager informed me that my leaving to have the baby was considered a voluntary termination, but that I could re-apply there as soon as i felt ready to do so. It definitely wasn't a job worth re-applying for when I wanted to find a new job anyway. So, I've been able to have time off with Emmylou, which I am so thankful for. She's growing so fast, and I'd much rather spend time with her than at a job I don't particularly like. Now to get to the real point! One day, my mom and I were at Joann's Fabrics and stumbled across an ad.. a woman needed someone to sew appliques, etc. on children's clothes a few days a week. It sounded like a potentially good opportunity, so I called. It turned out to be everything I hoped! A job that allows me to work near/at home, and will teach me what I need to know about starting a business. I feel so lucky right now. A lovely little family, perfect job, and my goals finally seeming within reach. Now to get this surgery out of the way. Nervous.

PS: Alan turned 25 yesterday. Happy Birthday sweetness!

Love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment