Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dresser

A few months ago I picked up this 1950's dresser from the sweetest old lady. She was selling most of her furniture so she could move into a smaller house- the last of her five children had long since moved out. Her youngest son helped get the dresser into my car. I couldn't believe it was his when he was a little boy- he was a large man, and looked to be in his 40's now. The dresser only needed some refinishing, but I wanted to add something new to it. I cut up some scrap booking papers I'd bought at Michael's and Mod Podged them in the drawers and cabinet. I added a mirror to the cabinet door. It will be her future costume closet. Here and there are scribbled notes or cut-out images for Emmylou to find when she's older.



You belong among the wildflowers
You belong somewhere close to me
Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free

-Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment