Friday, June 24, 2011

Surgery Today

for months, i've felt like this day was so far away. and then here it was. i got to the hospital at 7:30 am, and was having surgery a bit after 9 am. just before leaving the pre-op room, i was given a dose of something and was out before getting to the operating room. it was 11:15ish when i woke up in the recovery room. all i've heard about the surgery is that the tumor was larger than expected, and a few of my lymph nodes were also removed. mom is staying the night with me, but alan stayed with me for a few hours this afternoon. tomorrow morning i'll be released.. i still need to get the drain in my neck removed. hopefully the rest of my recovery goes well- i'm ready to get on with life.

i couldn't quite get that eye open while the anesthesia was wearing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment