Friday, June 3, 2011

First Photoshoot


Yes, I made that there beautiful baby. Yesterday, she had her first portraits taken by Shannon, who has photographed my brother and I since we were in middle school. I still remember the first time she photographed us- she's something else! She captures moments that not many people are able to differentiate from any other moment, until the film is developed. This particular photo is just a peek at what's to come, taken from my phone. I am so fortunate that we know Shannon- it was so important to me to get professional photos of her at a week old. She will never be this way again. And photos taken by me with my phone or my digital camera just wouldn't capture that perfect newborn-ness. She's so dainty, small, and innocent. It amazes me that her thoughts and opinions about what she sees and experiences in her first years will be influenced by me. While I'll can't be certain how much my approach will affect her ideas about things, I'm going to be doing a lot of thinking about how I introduce her to the world around her.

Love, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment