Thursday, January 6, 2011

Back-Tracking

I thought it would be nice to back-track a little and post the ultrasound photos of you to date. It's incredible how much you've grown. I wonder whose eyes you will have, and whose nose and chin and lips. You'll be more beautiful than I imagine. I'm sure of this, because I've had some very strange dreams about you being all wrinkly and having a uni-brow.


Here you are at 18 weeks on december 29th.






I haven't stopped staring at these photos. 
Also, it looks like you are a little girl! While I'm certain that you are definitely a girl, my mom is worried that sometimes these ultrasounds are wrong, so she doesn't want to me to buy too many girly things and then for you turn out to be a little boy. But I thought I should buy just one girly outfit to celebrate.


Will you be a little bit of a gearhead like mommy?

Your future-grandma and I have been busy preparing for your arrival, as well as making our apartment look like there are people living there. No more empty apartment bachelor life for us! I bought a Karlstad sofa at Ikea that was marked down 50%. We re-upholstered it to be the sofa of my dreams. We've also upholstered two bamboo chairs from the 50s, which were in someone else's trash, and bought you a lovely Jenny Lind crib. It's too white for my taste, so I think I'm going to paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment