Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Start and Dear Baby

Over the past year I've started and re-started this blog countless times. I always intend to post, but the blog always ends up forgotten within a few days. So here we go again. But this time it's different. I've got a motive- to keep track of my pregnancy (currently I'm 19 weeks) and I want my future little one to know all about this time in our lives.

Dear baby,
Just one week ago, we announced to our friends and family that we are expecting you. That was also the time we let everyone know we had gotten married.. it was a double whammy! We feel bad about it all having to be that way, but what else could we do? Anyway, a little about your dad.. his name is Alan and he's wonderful and goofy. Here is the only photo taken of us before we knew about you.. taken 2 days after we got married. (8/11/2010)


Our life has been a whirlwind since we met. We married less than two weeks after we met, and conceived you soon after. We still have so much to learn about each other- likes, dislikes, habits and quirks- the whole shabang. I've concluded that if we can enjoy each other, and stay strong through such a trying time as pregnancy, we will be fine. Now I just hope we can raise you to be polite, well-rounded, and most importantly happy. I have some experience in childcare, and have made some observations that have effected my views on life/raising children. Here are a few:
1. It's ok if you eat dirt sometimes. It's also ok if the dog licks you in the mouth, or if you lick the dog
2. Getting covered in paint is too fun. Do it while you're allowed!
3. I don't like to sit around much. There are too many things to see in a lifetime, so we'll have to start immediately
4. Traditional lullabies can be creepy, (baby falling out of a treetop) so you'll be hearing lots of personalized songs written just for you


Hopefully all of this sounds fun so far.

Love,
your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment